Friday, August 24, 2007

Two to Tango...???

One, who runs alone, runs faster.”
Not many people will disagree to that, not many people will want to be alone. Recently, one of my friends decided to make a project all by him selves. Very soon he realized that he has made a mistake. Which had me wondering, what is the reason, why we can’t be confident to do anything all by our self. Is it the fear of failing? Or simple the fear of being all alone?
Personally I prefer to be alone. Its not that I don’t fear being left alone but I think in my case the fear of not having the absolute control of the situation (no matter how small), is way scarier than the fear of being left alone. And control can came only when you are alone or obviously, when everyone is your slave.
Coming to the present situation, I would’ve never left the group. Had any such thing happened, I would have never expressed my fear of being alone (even if I was and I’m sure I would have been). I think what my friend did by leaving the group was stupid but latter had doubts of his capacities and expressed them. Which leave us all with the thought- Can he have done it alone and more importantly, Can we…???
I’m sure this whole scenario had us all wondering, which one is having a better shot to survival-
Being alone or along…???

2 comments:

Abhishek said...

nice post... the idea is good... but you need to express it in a better manner

Mr. Tapori said...

Well said, I agree that most people fear of failing.